Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dinner: $80. Gifts and card: (unknown). That stunned look on her face: Priceless

XD

Well, it's that time of the year again. The time where we start to celebrate birthdays.

And by celebrating birthdays, we always, always, mean springing a surprise.

This year, the birthday girl, Lan jie, was supposed to meet with Joanne and Fengzhi for her birthday.

Or so, she thought.

When the bird starts to shower at 4:30, and is dressed by 5, you know, somehow, something is going to come up.

And of course, it did.

I met Joanne and Fengzhi earlier so that we can get a cake. It's surprising to find that Orchard actually don't have cakes to sell, since tcc has cut up ones, and the one at Shaw House sells cakes which are for 8-10 people or so.

So, bread talk, it is. We settled on a rather nice long blueberry cake.

Then, I went towards Fish and Co to prepare the trap.

Namely, me, since I'm not supposed to be there.

However, time was against us. By the time the cake was ready, it was 7:25. Since Xin Lan has a reputation of being early (even earlier than me at times! :o), it looks as if we would be caught red handed.

But, for once, she was late! Only the 2nd time that she was late, and it has to happen now.

Seems like lady luck is smiling on us today. XD

At Fish and Co, I sat down and waited for them to arrive (Haruhi accompanied me. It's still a fantastic read). However, at that time, I had to find a way not to be discovered because I was sitting way in front.

The easiest way?

Sit with your back facing the enterance, and then, don't let your opponent see your face by using the insanely thick menu which Fish and Co had.

It worked.

Perfectly.

Cleverly, Joanne and Fengzhi led her in a way which she won't see my face, making me yet another customer with a bad case of myopia.

Then, came the moment of truth. I revealed my face my closing the book, and looking dead set into her eyes.

这个咚咚是什么东西来的?

That is one phrase, as well as her stunned look (eyes bludging out, mouth wide open), will be seared into my memory till the wind blows over the end of time.

Hehehe....

But of course, that's not all.

But since I'm not confident that I can keep it well, I turned my attention somewhere else. Thankfully, Fish and Co has 2 TVs (MTV and Star Sports) which can keep my attention away for a while.

After all the food, came the next surprise.

The cake.

But by then, it wasn't that bad. It's things you expect in a birthday party anyway. However, I did like the "fake card" which Joanne pulled on Xin Lan. :D

Very refreshing.

After dinner, we just went to Cineleisure as Fengzhi wanted to see a bag (out of stock), but that's about it, for Xin Lan's birthday party this year. Was very fun, especially since I was the unexpected dude (wait, does that have a special meaning? >_>)

Next...Fengzhi's birthday party.

Evil plans, await. Hehehehe.

---

As you all know, TPJC.net was down, which meant music and my banner is dead along with it. Banner is alright, plenty of image hosting sites around.

The music on the other hand....well...

But since it's back, let's celebrate it with a new song. Song of (whatever) changed to Silly-Go-Round, by FictionJunction YUUKA, which is .hack//roots theme. Yuuka is one singer you know, won't disappoint, with the music by Yuki Kajura, and her strong voice. Truely, it did not disappoint.

Except the anime makes no sense.

Also, as to why TPJC.net was down.

Heard there is a male PE teacher flirting with female students in the school chat mail in TPJC, the messages are very private and contain sexual contents, a student found the mails because the teacher forgot to logged out from the mail, and forwarded it around. We heard of many Internet sex related crimes recently, and more youths are becoming victim to the prowlers lurking in the Internet. As an educator instead of warning their students of the potential dangers lurking in the Internet, they shouldn't participate in such 'unhealthy' and immoral acts themselves. Furthermore the school is conducting training on sexual education for the teachers so they can relate to the students the hazards about it. Hope his misconduct will be expose and dealt with from the school authorities, this can help to ensure the safety of the students and youth of the next generation. --TheSeventh

Actual forum post

:o. My brother pointed this to me, and right now, I'm looking at this with interest. Of course, everyone is thumbing it down as "rumors" (which I believe that they are so).

But very interesting. Hehehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home